Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Glad to be back!

Sorry folks that's I've been so quiet for so long. Things got crazy around the holidays and I didn't have much time to update my blog.

I've got a few interesting things to share with you.

I've received my first SCE bill. It was about $100 less than the previous month. I'm going to show some interesting pictures which tell the story pretty well. First picture here is the generation from my system over the course of the month that my Edison billing period (11/12-12/12). During this time, I generated 385.75kWh for the period, see below:

Here's a clip from my bill which shows historical utilization, it's the lowest it's been in the past two years:

I still utilized 446kWh which put me a little of the way into Tier 3, see below:

It'll be interesting to see how next month goes, I promise I'll have it updated a lot quicker than I did for this month. :) We had lots of clouds over the holidays and had some low production, but it's been cool too so I haven't have to run the AC or the whole house fans. The last piece of the puzzle I'm still waiting for is SCE to change the meter to get me to a net-metering plan. Not sure how much longer that's going to take.

I'll keep you posted!

I have to say that i'm impressed with the system so far, it hasn't gotten old for me to go and watch the meter spin backwards. It's really enjoyable, and it makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing, not just for my wallet but also for the environment.

That said, I heard from my sales person that they're doing the $0/down $0/installation lease again (that's the deal I signed up for last summer). I've already covered my investment with the savings of my bills. If you're interested in getting more information, I'd suggest giving my sales person a call:

Mike Schmel - 714-331-6873 or mschmel@solarcity.com

Let him know that Paul over at socal-solar.blogspot.com sent you. :)

Until next time,
-paul

No comments: