Monday, February 2, 2009

Latest Update



Hi Folks,

Here's my latest update. In December my SolarCity system generated 373.60kWh. SCE finally got around to converting me to Net-Metering, so I'm good to go there. Still trying to decide which TOU I want to go with. January numbers are in too, I generated 447.63kWh, can't wait to see what my summer production will be.  I've noticed that as time moves on our production is going up, I've set some daily records (over 19kWh/day) over the past few days, so exciting!

I found that SolarCity has a new SolarGuard 2.0 System which shows both production and consumption over a specific time period.  This would be so helpful to try to understand my production/use prior to making that decision.  Read the press release here.

I've reached out to the SolarCity folks to see how/when that system might be available for existing customers.

All for now!


3 comments:

Solar D said...

Might also checking out other metering options that allow you to track solar panel power production (and your energy consumption. A coupe that I can think of are Brand Electronic's "One Meter", the Green Meter (by ?) and then there's Bogart Engineering's Pentametric which allows you to track several inputs and upload to a PC.

solar-curious said...

Hey Solar D-- Thanks for the pointers. I would like the integrated solution from SolarCity if possible because they already have such a great portal. I took a look at these and the Green Meter also has a really great interface. It's nice to see companies investing in putting together software which makes it easy for the user to understand what's happening.

Do the utility companies in CO have similar time-of-use rates?

Solar D said...

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Colorado regulations (not from there) - though you might find details here http://www.dsireusa.org/ (DSIRE database - super handy for folks trying to understand regulations, rebates, tax credits, etc. for renewable energy systems).